21st-23rd November 2017, Rail+Metro China and Tunnel China were held for the twelfth year running at the Shanghai New International Expo Center (SNIEC) Hall E6 and E7, in Pudong, Shanghai. The show is produced by the China International Engineering Consulting Corporation and Shanghai Intex Exhibition Company.
Rail+Metro China and Tunnel China hosted over 200 exhibitors from 16 countries worldwide, with the show floor spanning 20,000 square meters. A total of 18,469 trade visitors attended Rail+Metro China / Tunnel China 2017. Domestic visitors of numerous urban railway (including tram) operation companies, regional Development and Reform Committees and railway construction companies are from over 20 cities and regions including Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chongqing, Xi’an, Harbin, Wuhan, Zhengzhou, Shaoxing, Hefei, Xuzhou, Nanchang, Kunming, Nantong, Shenyang, Guiyang, Liuzhou, Fuzhou, Nanning, Luoyang, Ningbo, Suzhou, Jilin, Baotou, Jiading, Yunnan, Jinan and more.
9am, 21st November 2017, Rail+Metro China and Tunnel China announced its opening at SNIEC Hall E6. Attendees include: Gu Chunting, Vice Chairman of CCPIT; Zhou Xiaoqin, Executive Vice Chairman of China Association of Metros; Zhao Dong, Director of Department of Traffic Industry of CIECC; Liu Chunjie, Chief Engineer of Shanghai Shentong Metro Group; Li Zhonghao, Vice Director of Academic Committee of China Association of Metros; Liu Kading, Secretary-general of Shenzhen Urban Rail Transit Association; Mulie Tarekegn Edlie, Consul General (Ambassador) of Consulate General of F.D.R Ethiopia in Shanghai; Dejan Marinkovic, Consul General of the Republic of Serbia in Shanghai; Sheng Ying, Commercial General Manager of Alstom (China); Guan Hui, Chief Representative of Bombardier East China Region; Li Hui, General Managerof SkyRail Business Group of BYD Co Ltd; Wu Hao, General Manager of FITSCO, more attendees are from Development and Reform Committee and Transport Construction units nationwide, and representatives from Malaysia, Ethiopia, South Africa, Serbia, Iran, Canada, UK, Slovenia and Poland. Mr. Zhou Xiaoqin and Mr. Liu Chunjie delivered opening speech at the ceremony, representatives cut the ribbons and Mr. Gu Chunting announced the opening of Rail+Metro China and Tunnel China.
The show has attracted over 200 exhibitors from over 16 countries and regions including: China, Germany, France, Finland, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, Italy, US, Canada, Japan, South Africa, Poland, Iran and Taiwan. Exhibits are covering ‘Railbound vehicles for public and freight transport’, ‘Subassemblies and components’, ‘Signal, Communication & IT Technology’, ‘Energy and Electrotechnology’, ‘Maintenance and repair’, ‘Designing and consulting’ and ‘Infrastructure and services’.
CRRC Corporation showcased their highly regarded products and new technological innovations through their subsidiaries. Intercity EMU/DMU, maglev train, monorail vehicle and the 100% low floor modern tram and many other quintessential products were brought to exhibit. CRRC is committed to supply products and services that offer ‘Energy saving·Eco-friendly·Intelligence’; Alstom featured their latest CITADIS tram car, their Coradia inter-city train, their Urbalis train control system solution, Mastria transport operation management system and Optimet real-time train occupancy system. Bombardier’s showcase focused on their INNOVIA Monorail 300 system vehicle and the INNOVIA APM 300, and the very first localized APM core equipment contract—— Shanghai Metro Line 8 will be officially put in operation by the end of 2017; BYD Company Limited cast a powerful presence at its first major exhibition in Shanghai to display its innovative and most representative mass transit solution: “SkyRail”, their first ‘SkyRail’ contract was put in operation in Yinchuan on 31st August 2017.
- German Pavilion: AHK Greater China has formed German Pavilion, they are: DB Engineering & Consulting, Deuta-Werke GmbH, Honsel Fastener (Wuxi) Co., Ltd. and iris-GmbH;
- International Area: Saft, ClearSy Systems Engineering, Gottlieb Binder, Armstrong, Mersen, Infor, NEM Solutions, RBC Schaublin;
- The Belt and Road Area: South African Consulate-General in Shanghai, Consulate General of the Islamic Republic of Iran-Shanghai, Consulate General of Canada in Shanghai, Polisg Investment & Trade Agency.
- Railbound vehicles for public and freight transport: CRRC Corporation, Alstom, Bombardier, BYD Group;
- Subassemblies and components: RailTeco, Panasonic, Voestalpine, ContiTech, Changfeng, 3M, Huaqi, Angelet;
- Signal, Communication & IT Technology: Thales Sec, FITSCO, Nufront CSC;
- Platform Devices: Jiacheng;
- Vibration and Noise Control: GERB, Tiantie, Zhongbo, Huayu, Baosheng, MAXLINK;
- Inspection and testing: TUV-SUD, SGS;
- Planning, design and operation: Shanghai Shentong Metro Group, Shanghai urban construction design and research institute (Group), Shanghai Tunnel Engineering & Rail Transit Design and Research Institute;
- Colleges and Universities: Southwest Jiaotong University, Urban Rail Traffic Institute of Shanghai University of Engineering
CONFERENCES AND EVENTS
5 themed conferences were held in conjunction with the exhibition. Themes were covering ‘Railway and urban mass transit development and innovation’, ‘Rail transit TOD and PPP investment mode’, ‘Urban rail transit operation management’, ‘Diversified rail transit’ and ‘Railway vibration and noise control technology’. Over 100 speakers and over 1000 audiences have attended the conferences.
1. 2017 Shanghai International Railway and Urban Rail Transit Innovation and Development Conference
2. 2017 the 4th Rail Transit TOD&PPP Forum
——Urban Rail Financing Reform and TOD Development during the 13th Five-Year-Plan Period
3. 2017 the 3rd Urban Mass Transit Operation Management Seminar
4. 2017 the 5th Tram and Rail Transit Diversification Seminar
5. 2017 the 5th Railway Vibration & Noise Control Seminar
We would like to extend our most sincere gratitude to all our partners, supporters, media friends and all those who have supported us all along. Rail+Metro / Tunnel China will next be held on November 7th-9th, 2018, at the Shanghai New International Expo Center. We look forward to your participation!